Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pajama Book Club

Jack asked me a while back "what do you do at Book Club?" I told him I get together with friends, eat some tasty food, visit and talk about the book we all read. His response was, "I wanna come." My solution...a book club of his own! We sat down together and came up with a plan. We would invite all his preschool friends, we would have tasty food, and breakfast seemed like a fitting time for preschoolers to gather together so it would be breakfast food, they would all be welcome to wear their jammies and I would read some stories. It sounded like a recipe for success and we both where excited about our plan. We made invitations together, he addressed them himself and stuffed them into his friends cubbies at school. We had the day marked on the calendar and couldn't wait for our first meeting. Today was that day!!!  Our morning included blueberry muffins, bananas, chocolate or white milk and stories by author Karma Wilson.  It was the loveliest kind of day!  There was lots of giggles and smiles all around, Book Club was a success!  Jack can't wait till his friends come over for the next meeting. 
The invites we made, I loved that Jack helped with the whole process!
 


Jack's buddy Hannah is the little blond by his side!  Hannah's Mom told me that sweet Hannah couldn't even sleep she was excited to come to Jack's house for Book Club.
Hugs!

No comments: